Career Education Corporation (CECO)-Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description-A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy-Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis-A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history-Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services-A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors-A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees-A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies-A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads-A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries-A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years-The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods-The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Career Education Corporation (CEC) is an educational services company that offers education to a diverse student population in a variety of career oriented disciplines through online, on-ground and hybrid learning program offerings. Its institutions offer both degree programs through the master or doctoral level; and programs through the associate and bachelor level. The company also offers online education services. It offers education through two universities such as, Colorado Technical University (CTU) and American Inter-Continental University (AIU), which provide degree programs for master's level, doctoral level, associate and bachelor's level. The company's campuses are located across the US. CEC is headquartered in Schaumburg, Illinois, the US.
Career Education Corporation Key Recent Developments
Aug 01,2018: Career Education reports results for second quarter and year to date 2018
Nov 22,2017: Ex-Bush official Hansen joins board of predatory for-profit college chain CEC
Sep 21,2017: Career Education CFO Cederoth to step down; names Ashish Ghia interim CFO
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1-About the Company 5
Career Education Corporation-Key Facts 5
Career Education Corporation-Key Employees 6
Career Education Corporation-Key Employee Biographies 7
Career Education Corporation-Major Products and Services 8
Career Education Corporation-History 9
Career Education Corporation-Company Statement 10
Career Education Corporation-Locations And Subsidiaries 11
Head Office 11
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 11
Section 2-Company Analysis 12
Company Overview 12
Career Education Corporation-Business Description 13
Business Segment: AIU 13
Business Segment: All Other Campuses 13
Business Segment: CTU 14
Career Education Corporation-Corporate Strategy 15
Career Education Corporation-SWOT Analysis 16
SWOT Analysis-Overview 16
Career Education Corporation-Strengths 16
Career Education Corporation-Weaknesses 17
Career Education Corporation-Opportunities 18
Career Education Corporation-Threats 19
Career Education Corporation-Key Competitors 20
Section 3-Company Financial Ratios 21
Financial Ratios-Capital Market Ratios 21
Financial Ratios-Annual Ratios 22
Performance Chart 25
Financial Performance 25
Financial Ratios-Interim Ratios 26
Financial Ratios-Ratio Charts 27
Section 4-Company's Recent Developments 28
Aug 01, 2018: Career Education reports results for second quarter and year to date 2018 28
Aug 01, 2018: Career Education reports results for second quarter and year to date 2018 30
Section 5-Appendix 31
Ratio Definitions 31
About GlobalData 35
Contact Us 35
List of Figures
Career Education Corporation, Performance Chart (2013-2017) 25
Career Education Corporation, Ratio Charts 27
List of Tables
Career Education Corporation, Key Facts 5
Career Education Corporation, Key Employees 6
Career Education Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 7
Career Education Corporation, Major Products and Services 8
Career Education Corporation, History 9
Career Education Corporation, Subsidiaries 11
Career Education Corporation, Key Competitors 20
Career Education Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 21
Career Education Corporation, Annual Ratios 22
Career Education Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 23
Career Education Corporation, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 24
Career Education Corporation, Interim Ratios 26
Currency Codes 31
Capital Market Ratios 31
Equity Ratios 32
Profitability Ratios 32
Cost Ratios 33
Liquidity Ratios 33
Leverage Ratios 34
Efficiency Ratios 34
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Strayer Education Inc
ITT Educational Services Inc
Grand Canyon Education, Inc.
Education Management Corp
Corinthian Colleges, Inc.
Capella Education Company
Bridgepoint Education, Inc.
Apollo Education Group Inc.
Adtalem Global Education Inc
Career Education Corporation, SWOT analysis, SWOT, Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats, Corporate Strategy, Key Ratios, Share Data, Performance, Financial Performance, Overview, Business Description, Major Product, Brands, History,Key Employees, Key Operational Heads, Strategy, Key Competitors, Company Statement, Capital Market Ratios, Financial Ratios, Annual Ratios, Interim Ratios, Ratio Charts
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"