Managed Security Services (MSS) in Latin America: Telcos' MSS Portfolios and Market Approach
"Managed Security Services (MSS) in Latin America: Telcos' MSS Portfolios and Market Approach", a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the MSS in Latin America. It delivers qualitative insights into the MSS market, analyzing key trends and case studies of telco's MSS portfolios.
Telcos are well placed to offer MSS given their network management skills, cloud infrastructure, and relationship with most enterprises. Moreover, in an attempt to diversify their revenue streams into new areas, Telcos are upselling security solutions to its existing customers. In Latin America, pan regional and Local tier I telcos like Movistar, Claro, Entel Chile, Telecom Argentina, among others, have been tapping the opportunities of MSS market.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following-
- Section 1: Taxonomy and Market Context: This section provides a framework, definition and service value of the MSS in the region.
- Section 2: Telcos' Go-to-Market Approach on Managed Security Services: This section analyses the market strategies that telcos are adopting for their MSS services. It includes analyzing telco's MSS portfolios, strategic partnerships with security vendors and investments in security operations centers.
- Section 3: Case Studies: Case study on Century Link, Movistar and Entel Chile MSS product portfolio and market approaches.
- Section 4: Section 4: Key Findings and Recommendations: it consists of a summary of key findings and growth opportunities for the telcos in the MSS market.
- In Latin America, although telco's may initially not be strongly associated with security services, expanding their managed services portfolio to include MSS has become a strategic initiative to create a new source of revenue.
- The types of services offered are polarized around 2 trends: with pan- regional and Local Tier I telcos, offering sophisticated MSS services, such as Real Time threats monitoring from its in-country SOC or DDoS mitigation services; and in the other side, Tier II local telcos with very basic MSS offerings, such as managed firewall and anti-spam cloud based services.
- Strategic partnerships with security vendors are key MSS go-to-market strategies deployed by telcos to succeed in the enterprise security services market. SOCs are key enablers for telcos to offer more advanced and sophisticated MSS services, such as real-time security monitoring and incident response.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of Latin America's MSS markets trends in a concise analytical format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- The report examines the key telcos go-to-market approach on MSS services in Latin America.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive actionable insights will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players better position to seize the growth opportunities in Latin America's evolving MSS market.
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
List of exhibits 4
Key takeaways 5
Section 1: Taxonomy and Market Context 6
Managed Security Services Definition 7
Managed Security Services Value Chain 8
Section 2: Telcos' Go-to-Market Approach on Managed Security Services 9
Managed Security Market Trends and Portfolio 10
Trends Supporting Telcos' MMS Strategies 11
Strategic Partnership with Leading Security Vendors 12
SOCs Are a Key Enabler in Offering More Advanced and Sophisticated MSS Services 13
Section 3: Case Studies 14
Entel Chile 17
Section 4: Key Findings and Recommendations 18
Key Findings and Recommendations 19
Acronyms and Definitions 21
Companies Mentioned 22
About the Authors 23
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: MSS Framework 7
Exhibit 2: Telcos' MSS Value Chain, Latin America 8
Exhibit 3: Telcos' MSS Portfolio, Latin America 10
Exhibit 4: Telcos' Main MSS Go-To-Market Strategy, Latin America 11
Exhibit 5: Telco Partnerships with Security Vendors, Latin America 12
Exhibit 6: Select Telcos with SOCs in Latin America 13
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Managed Security Services, MSS, Managed Security Services, Latin America, Cybersecurity, Network security
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"