Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2017-2022: Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
The Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2017-2022, report published by GlobalData provides analysis of current and forecast market data for luxury goods retail sales in different product categories across Europe.
Uncertain global economy, terrorist attacks, currency fluctuations and dwindling international tourists led to a challenging environment for the luxury market over the past five years. Luxury sales registered a negative CAGR of 0.1% during the period 2012-2017 to reach US$104.7bn in 2017 from US$105.0bn in 2012. However, sales are forecast to grow at a CAGR of 3.5% during 2017-2022 to reach US$124.4 billion by 2022 against the backdrop of improving global economy, and an increasing number of international tourists, especially Chinese tourists. Additionally, new store openings, renovation of existing stores, online expansion and innovations in product offerings by major luxury retailers are the major growth drivers for the European luxury market.
What else does this report offer?
- Current market sizes and forecasts to 2022 by country and 12 categories, including clothing, consumer electronics, drinks, footwear, homewares, jewelry, watches and accessories, luggage and leather goods, personal care, communication equipment, stationery, tobacco, and others
- Market insights based on consumer trends and changing economic and demographic factors
- Luxury goods retail sales and fastest-growing markets for Luxury goods channel
- Category level retail sales and forecast growth rates
- Competitive landscape covering market share of major Luxury goods operators and their Luxury goods sales and trading update analysis, recent key events.
- Luxury goods retail sales in Europe to reach US$124.4 billion by 2022
- France to emerge as the largest market for luxury by 2022 overtaking Italy
- Clothing is the largest product category in luxury sales in Europe
- Personal care category set to grow the fastest over forecast period 2017-2022.
Reasons to buy
Get immediate access to -
- Reliable Luxury goods retail sales data in Europe for 2017 with forecasts for 2022 with information on largest and fastest-growing markets to inform market expansion and to manage risk
- Explore an in-depth analysis of Luxury goods retail sales data for major markets to identify target categories and develop growth plans
- Learn from Luxury goods retail trends and market drivers to customize your entry/expansion approach depending on the Luxury goods retail landscape
- Choose partners, understand the competition, with data and analysis of major Luxury goods retailers, including market shares, trading performance, locations, travel retail strategy for each.
Table of Contents
Overview & Regional Analysis
Mergers & Acquisitions
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
LVMHRalph Lauren CorporationMichael Kors Holdings Ltd.Kering S.A.Compagnie FinanciereRichemont SABurberry Group PLCTiffany & Co.Hermes International S.A.Prada S.p.A.Tods S.p.A.
Europe, retail, retail innovation, luxury retail, luxury goods, market dynamics, innovative retailers, biggest & fastest growing markets, International arrivals, major luxury brands, market share, revenue, outlook, recent key events, clothing, consumer electronics, drinks, footwear, furniture, homewares, jewelry, watches and accessories, luggage and leather goods, personal care, communication equipment, stationery, tobacco, travel, tourism, arrivals
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"