Malaysia: Country Intelligence Report
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
- Products and Companies
Malaysia: Country Intelligence Report
Malaysia: Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Malaysia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Telecom service revenue growth in Malaysia over 2017-2022 will be mainly driven by the mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment by 2022, led by a rise in consumption of online videos and social media content on smartphones. Going forward, operators will focus on offering data-centric packages and investing in high-speed data network expansions and next-generation technologies such as LTE-A and 5G. The broadband segment will witness the fastest growth over the forecast period with significant investments in FTTx technology, supported by government efforts to strengthen fixed broadband infrastructure and boost broadband penetration in the country.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following-
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Malaysia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall telecom service revenue in Malaysia will grow at a CAGR of 2.4% during 2017-2022.
- Mobile revenue will account for 61.6% of total telecom revenue in 2022, driven by increasing adoption of high-speed mobile Internet services.
- 4G will continue to be the most adopted mobile technology throughout the forecast period, driven by rising demand for high-speed data service and LTE network investments from operators.
- The top three mobile operators, DiGi, Maxis and Celcom, accounted for 76.3% share of total mobile subscriptions at year-end 2017. We expect the competition to intensify further as operators focus on expanding rural coverage as well as improving their LTE network capacity.
Reasons to buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Malaysia's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Malaysia's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Malaysia's telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Malaysia.
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Pay-TV services market 22
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 25
Competitive landscape 26
Telekom Malaysia 28
Maxis Malaysia 29
Celcom Malaysia 30
DiGi Malaysia 31
Additional resources 32
Baseline forecast assumptions 33
Data tables 34
Research methodology 39
About the authors 40
Country Intelligence Report coverage 41
About GlobalData 42
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company
Products and Companies