Duty Free Retailing in Europe, 2017-2022: Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
The Duty Free Retailing in Europe, 2017-2022, report published by GlobalData, provides analysis of current and forecast market data for duty retail sales across Europe.
Europe is the second largest duty free market, supported by its rich heritage and its position as a large tourist region. Moreover, its emergence as the most preferred tourist region for Chinese travelers and the UK's exit from the EU drives duty free sales further in the region. The decline in duty free sales in Europe during 2012-2017 is largely due to the terrorist attacks in the region, which deterred tourists from visiting the region. The higher growth rate in the European duty free market during 2017-2022 can be attributed to the reviving tourist visits, growing Chinese spending in the region, growing UK duty free sales on the back of rising traffic post Brexit, and the opening of new duty free space in the region.
What else does this report offer?
- Current market sizes and forecasts to 2022 by categories, including clothing, footwear, jewelry, watches and accessories, and luggage and leather goods
- Market insights based on consumer trends and changing economic and demographic factors
- Duty free retail sales and fastest-growing markets for duty free channel
- Category level retail sales and forecast growth rates in Europe
- Competitive landscape covering market share of major duty free operators and their duty free sales and trading update analysis, recent key events.
- Duty free sales in Europe to reach US$18.8 billion by 2022
- The UK to retain its position as the largest duty free market in the region through 2022
- Personal care is the largest and fastest-growing product category in duty free sales in Europe
- Pre-order and in-flight duty free gain popularity in the region.
Reasons to buy
Get immediate access to -
- Reliable duty free retail sales data across Europe for 2017 with forecasts for 2022 with information on largest and fastest-growing markets to inform market expansion and to manage risk
- Explore an in-depth analysis of duty free retail sales data for major markets to identify target categories and develop growth plans
- Learn from duty free retail trends and market drivers to customize your entry/expansion approach depending on the duty free retail landscape
- Choose partners, understand the competition, with data and analysis of major duty free retailers, including market shares, trading performance, locations, travel retail strategy for each.
Table of Contents
Key Retail Innovations
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Gebr HeinemannDufryAelia Group (LS Travel Retail)ARI Ireland
Europe, duty free retail, duty free retail innovation, market dynamics, innovative retailers, largest& fastest growing markets,International arrivals, major fashion duty free retailers, market share, revenue, recent key events, clothing, footwear, jewelry, watches and accessories, luggage and leather goods, travel, tourism, arrivals, travel retail, airport retailing
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
An excellent provider. Thorough, precise and outstanding insight. They drill down to what we need and their reports are effective at integrating text with supporting graphics and charts. Their reports are a great resource to go back too. ... "General Manager SBU Manufacture, PT. KIMIA FARMA, TBK"
Coherent, high-quality, thoroughly-researched reports. We received a very quick response to all our queries which eventually expedited the entire process.... "VP Innovation, Engineered Profiles LLC"
Well structured, the insights they shared with us were very helpful and reliable. Their timely assistance make their services invaluable to us. I would highly recommend them and would definitely use them again in the future if needed... "President, VPP E-Data Services, VPP E-Data Services"
The report sent to us was on the point, and its information was quite extensive, well structured, and well researched. More importantly what we valued was your response time and professionalism. As a leading global consulting firm, our clients expect high quality deliverables in short periods of time, so a reliable research partner is essential. For the price that you have charged the quality of your services were exceptional. We look forward to continue our relationship with your team on future engagements.... "Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton"
This is with regards to your report on India PVC pipes and fitting market outlook industry outlook to 2019. This is a very well written report and accept my compliments on the same.... ... "Mohit Mittal, Consultant, KPMG Advisory Services"