Trinidad and Tobago: In-depth PEST Insights
This PEST country analysis report on Trinidad and Tobago provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
- Understand the political system in Trinidad and Tobago through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
- Understand the economic situation in Trinidad and Tobago through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
- Understand customer demographics in Trinidad and Tobago through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
- Understand the technological landscape in Trinidad and Tobago through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
- The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Trinidad and Tobago, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
- The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Trinidad and Tobago's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment."
- The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Trinidad and Tobago in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Trinidad and Tobago perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Trinidad and Tobago perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Trinidad and Tobago perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
Table of Contents
Key highlights 2
Key developments January 2017-October 2018 3
Key Facts and Geographic Location 8
Key facts 8
Geographical location 9
Political Landscape 10
Structure and policies 11
Key political figures 11
Structure of government 11
Key political parties 11
Key policies 12
Governance indicators 12
Economic Landscape 14
Structure and policies 16
Financial system 16
GDP and growth rate 16
Fiscal situation 20
International investment position 22
Monetary situation 22
Social Landscape 24
Structure and policies 24
Demographic composition 24
Income distribution 27
Technological Landscape 28
Structure and policies 28
Research and Development 29
Ask the analyst 30
About MarketLine 30
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Trinidad and Tobago 9
Figure 2: Trinidad and Tobago-Key Political Events Timeline 10
Figure 3: Trinidad and Tobago-Key Political Figures 11
Figure 4: Distribution of Seats in the House of Representatives after the September 2015 Elections 12
Figure 5: Evolution of GDP Growth in Trinidad and Tobago (%), 2007-2017 15
Figure 6: GDP and GDP Growth Rate of Trinidad and Tobago (Constant Prices), 2012-2022f 16
Figure 7: Sector-specific GDP in Trinidad and Tobago, 2017 17
Figure 8: Agricultural Output in Trinidad and Tobago (TTUSD Million/%), 2012-2017 18
Figure 9: Industrial Output in Trinidad and Tobago (TTUSD Billion/%), 2012-2017 19
Figure 10: Services Output in Trinidad and Tobago (TTUSD Billion/%), 2012-2017 20
Figure 11: Trade in Trinidad and Tobago (USD Billion), 2013-2017 21
Figure 12: Consumer Price Index (CPI) and CPI-based Inflation in Trinidad and Tobago, 2012-2022f 22
Figure 13: Unemployment in Trinidad and Tobago (Thousands/%), 2012-2022f 23
Figure 14: Major Religions in Trinidad and Tobago 26
Figure 15: Healthcare Expenditure as a Percentage of GDP (USD Billion/%), 2011-2017 27
Figure 16: Internet Users and Penetration (Millions/%), 2013-2017 29
List of Tables
Table 1: Trinidad and Tobago-Key Facts, 2018 8
Table 2: Mid-year Population by Age (as a Percentage of the Total Population) in 2017 25
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"