Global Real Estate Industry Profile & Value Chain Analysis
- Table Of Content
- Licence Rights
- Section Purchase
Global Real Estate Industry Profile & Value Chain Analysis
Global Real Estate industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
The value/supply chain analysis reveals the business activities which comprise the global real estate market's value/supply chain. All key stages are highlighted, along with examples of companies active, and assessments of the burning issues for every stage of the value/supply chain. Key value/supply chain stages analyzed include planning & design, construction, landlords & agents, and tenants.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global real estate market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The real estate industry looks at renting and leasing residential properties. The industry is valued using the total revenues generated by landlords via the leasing and renting of private and council properties. Values are calculated using the average annual rent multiplied by the number of rented properties. Volume includes number of houses/properties rented out (vacant properties excluded). Leading companies relate to companies that are involved in residential property rental and development business. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant annual average 2017 exchange rates.
- The global real estate industry had total revenues of USD4,496.7bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4% between 2013 and 2017.
- Industry consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 1.8% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 518 million housing units in 2017.
- The real estate industry has experienced a steady rate of growth over the last five years, though this has been slowing gradually. High house prices and mortgage interest rates are discouraging buyers from entering the housing market, and therefore increasing demand for rental properties.
- The planning and design stage is divided between planning and design. The latter cannot take place until the former has been carried out. The planning stage includes planning permission, the foundation on which the whole value chain is built.
- Longstanding trend of consolidation has created a small number of large homebuilding players, making market entry difficult and reducing rivalry
- Landlords can be individual investors renting out a second property or professional landlord companies with a vast estate of housing stock. Agents help landlords let the properties and in the case of full service agents, they also look after maintenance and tenant relationships in return for a fee.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the real estate market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global real estate market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key real estate market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Global real estate market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
- Quickly and easily identify the key stages and sub-stages of the global real estate market value/supply chain
- See examples of companies active at each stage of the global real estate market value/supply chain
- Examine trends and burning issues impacting the global real estate market value/supply chain
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the global real estate market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the global real estate market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global real estate market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is the global real estate market in relation to its regional counterparts?
- What are the main segments that make up the global real estate market?
- Who are the top competitors in the global real estate market?
- What are the key stages of the global real estate market value/supply chain?
Table Of Content
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Value chain analysis 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Value Chain Analysis 7
Real Estate Market complete value chain overview 7
Planning & Design Overview 9
Landlords & Agents 13
Market Overview 17
Market definition 17
Market analysis 17
Market Data 19
Market value 19
Market volume 20
Market Segmentation 21
Geography segmentation 21
Market Outlook 22
Market value forecast 22
Market volume forecast 23
Five Forces Analysis 24
Buyer power 26
Supplier power 28
New entrants 29
Threat of substitutes 31
Degree of rivalry 32
Leading Companies 34
Central General Development Co., Ltd. 34
Dalian Wanda Group 37
Equity Residential 39
Grainger Plc 42
Industry associations 47
Related MarketLine research 47
About MarketLine 48
List Of Figure
List of Figures
Figure 1: Real Estate Market complete value chain overview 7
Figure 2: Real Estate Market complete value chain with active companies 8
Figure 3: Planning & Design-Overview 9
Figure 4: Construction-Overview 11
Figure 5: Landlords & Agents-Overview 13
Figure 6: Tenants-Overview 15
Figure 7: Global real estate market value: USD billion, 2013-17 19
Figure 8: Global real estate market volume: million housing units, 2013-17 20
Figure 9: Global real estate market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017 21
Figure 10: Global real estate market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22 22
Figure 11: Global real estate market volume forecast: million housing units, 2017-22 23
Figure 12: Forces driving competition in the global real estate market, 2017 24
Figure 13: Drivers of buyer power in the global real estate market, 2017 26
Figure 14: Drivers of supplier power in the global real estate market, 2017 28
Figure 15: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the global real estate market, 2017 29
Figure 16: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the global real estate market, 2017 31
Figure 17: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the global real estate market, 2017 32
Figure 18: Central General Development Co., Ltd.: revenues & profitability 35
Figure 19: Central General Development Co., Ltd.: assets & liabilities 36
Figure 20: Equity Residential: revenues & profitability 40
Figure 21: Equity Residential: assets & liabilities 41
Figure 22: Grainger Plc: revenues & profitability 44
Figure 23: Grainger Plc: assets & liabilities 45
List Of Table
List of Tables
Table 1: Global real estate market value: USD billion, 2013-17 19
Table 2: Global real estate market volume: million housing units, 2013-17 20
Table 3: Global real estate market geography segmentation: USD billion, 2017 21
Table 4: Global real estate market value forecast: USD billion, 2017-22 22
Table 5: Global real estate market volume forecast: million housing units, 2017-22 23
Table 6: Central General Development Co., Ltd.: key facts 34
Table 7: Central General Development Co., Ltd.: key financials (USD) 34
Table 8: Central General Development Co., Ltd.: key financials (JPY) 35
Table 9: Central General Development Co., Ltd.: key financial ratios 35
Table 10: Dalian Wanda Group: key facts 37
Table 11: Equity Residential: key facts 39
Table 12: Equity Residential: key financials (USD) 40
Table 13: Equity Residential: key financial ratios 40
Table 14: Grainger Plc: key facts 42
Table 15: Grainger Plc: key financials (USD) 43
Table 16: Grainger Plc: key financials (GBP) 43
Table 17: Grainger Plc: key financial ratios 44
Single User License:
Report can be used by individual purchaser only
Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office
Corporate User License:
Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company