Air Freight in South Korea
Air Freight in South Korea industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the South Korea air freight market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The air freight sector is defined as consisting of revenues generated from freight transportation by air.
- The South Korean air freight sector had total revenues of USD3,902.1m in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.7% between 2013 and 2017.
- The international segment had the highest volume in the South Korean air freight sector in 2017, with total sales of 11,859.9 million FTK, equivalent to 99.4% of the sector's overall volume.
- The South Korean air freight sector will receive a boost in the coming years thanks to increased economic integration with the EU and potentially with other Asia-Pacific countries though the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership when enforced. This will strongly increase demand for air freight in the country.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the air freight market in South Korea
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the air freight market in South Korea
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key air freight market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the South Korea air freight market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the South Korea air freight market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the South Korea air freight market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the South Korea air freight market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up South Korea's air freight market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 17
Supplier power 18
New entrants 20
Threat of substitutes 22
Degree of rivalry 23
Leading Companies 24
Air Incheon 24
Asiana Airlines Inc. 25
Korean Air Lines Co Ltd 28
Macroeconomic Indicators 32
Country data 32
Industry associations 35
Related MarketLine research 35
About MarketLine 36
List of Figures
Figure 1: South Korea air freight sector value: USD million, 2013-17
Figure 2: South Korea air freight sector volume: million FTK, 2013-17
Figure 3: South Korea air freight sector category segmentation: % share, by volume, 2017
Figure 4: South Korea air freight sector geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2017
Figure 5: South Korea air freight sector value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Figure 6: South Korea air freight sector volume forecast: million FTK, 2017-22
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the air freight sector in South Korea, 2017
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the air freight sector in South Korea, 2017
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the air freight sector in South Korea, 2017
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the air freight sector in South Korea, 2017
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the air freight sector in South Korea, 2017
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the air freight sector in South Korea, 2017
Figure 13: Asiana Airlines Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Asiana Airlines Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: Korean Air Lines Co Ltd: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: Korean Air Lines Co Ltd: assets & liabilities
List of Tables
Table 1: South Korea air freight sector value: USD million, 2013-17
Table 2: South Korea air freight sector volume: million FTK, 2013-17
Table 3: South Korea air freight sector category segmentation: million FTK, 2017
Table 4: South Korea air freight sector geography segmentation: USD million, 2017
Table 5: South Korea air freight sector value forecast: USD million, 2017-22
Table 6: South Korea air freight sector volume forecast: million FTK, 2017-22
Table 7: Air Incheon: key facts
Table 8: Asiana Airlines Inc.: key facts
Table 9: Asiana Airlines Inc.: key financials (USD)
Table 10: Asiana Airlines Inc.: key financials (KRW)
Table 11: Asiana Airlines Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 12: Korean Air Lines Co Ltd: key facts
Table 13: Korean Air Lines Co Ltd: key financials (USD)
Table 14: Korean Air Lines Co Ltd: key financials (KRW)
Table 15: Korean Air Lines Co Ltd: key financial ratios
Table 16: South Korea size of population (million), 2013-17
Table 17: South Korea gdp (constant 2005 prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 18: South Korea gdp (current prices, USD billion), 2013-17
Table 19: South Korea inflation, 2013-17
Table 20: South Korea consumer price index (absolute), 2013-17
Table 21: South Korea exchange rate, 2013-17
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Asiana Airlines Inc.
Korean Air Lines Co Ltd
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"