Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Ethiopian Insurance Industry
About the Report
About the Report
Governance, Risk and Compliance-The Ethiopian Insurance Industry
GlobalData's "Governance, Risk and Compliance-The Ethiopian Insurance Industry", report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in the Ethiopia.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together GlobalData's research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in the Ethiopia, including-
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in the Ethiopia.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country's insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in the Ethiopia.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
- The Ethiopian insurance industry is regulated by the NBE.
- Motor third-party liability insurance and professional indemnity insurance for insurance intermediaries are compulsory classes of insurance.
- Composite insurance is permitted in Ethiopia.
- The government does not permit FDI in the insurance industry.
- Non-admitted insurance is prohibited in Ethiopia. However, unauthorized reinsurance companies can reinsure risks located in Ethiopia on a cross-border basis.
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in the Ethiopia.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and insurance entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country's insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and insurance companies.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in the Ethiopia.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the Ethiopian insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
Insurance, Governance, risk and compliance, Regulatory framework, Life insurance, Property insurance, Motor insurance, Liability insurance, Marine, aviation and transit insurance, Personal accident and health insurance, Compulsory insurance, Licensing requirements, Minimum capital requirements, Solvency requirements, Non-admitted insurance, Reserve requirements, Investment regulations, Licensing fee, Authorization fee, Risk-based capital framework, Accounting standards, Returns requirement, Consumer protection, Law, Regulation, Act, Tax, Insurance premium tax, Corporate tax, VAT, Legal system, Court system
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 Governance, Risk and Compliance
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulation
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.3.1 Life insurance
2.3.2 Property insurance
2.3.3 Motor insurance
2.3.4 Liability insurance
2.3.5 Marine, aviation and transit insurance
2.3.6 Personal accident and health insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.4.1 Motor third party liability insurance
2.4.2 Professional indemnity for insurance intermediaries
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.5.1 National Bank of Ethiopia
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulation
2.6.3 Market practices
2.6.4 Fines and Penalties
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.7.1 Type of insurance organization
2.7.2 Establishing a local company
2.7.3 Foreign ownership
2.7.4 Types of license
2.7.5 Capital requirements
2.7.6 Solvency margin
2.7.7 Reserve requirements
2.7.8 Investment regulations
2.7.9 Statutory return requirements
2.7.10 Fee structure
2.8.1 Insurance premium or policy taxation
2.8.2 Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
2.8.3 Corporate tax
2.9 Legal System
2.9.2 Access to court
2.9.3 Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
3.2 Contact GlobalData
3.3 About GlobalData
3.4 GlobalData's Services
List of Figure
List of Figures
Figure 1: Ethiopia-Insurance Supervision and Control at Various Levels
Figure 2: Ethiopia-Insurance Regulatory Frameworks for Company Registration and Operation
List of Table
List of Tables
Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
Table 2: Ethiopia-Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
Table 3: Ethiopia-Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 4: Ethiopia-Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 5: Ethiopia-Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 6: Ethiopia-Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
Table 7: Ethiopia-Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2018
Why Buy From US?
What makes us stand out is that our consultants follows Robust, Refine and Result (RRR) methodology. i.e. Robust for clear definitions, approaches and sanity checking, Refine for differentiating respondents facts and opinions and Result for presenting data with story
We have set a benchmark in the industry by offering our clients with syndicated and customized market research reports featuring coverage of entire market as well as meticulous research and analyst insights.
While we don't replace traditional research, we flip the method upside down. Our dual approach of Top Bottom & Bottom Top ensures quality deliverable by not just verifying company fundamentals but also looking at the sector and macroeconomic factors.
With one step in the future, our research team constantly tries to show you the bigger picture. We help with some of the tough questions you may encounter along the way: How is the industry positioned? Best marketing channel? KPI's of competitors? By aligning every element, we help maximize success.
Our report gives you instant access to the answers and sources that other companies might choose to hide. We elaborate each steps of research methodology we have used and showcase you the sample size to earn your trust.
If you need any support, we are here! We pride ourselves on universe strength, data quality, and quick, friendly, and professional service.