Outbound Tourism Spending Habits: Top 10 Expenditure Markets in Focus
GlobalData's Expenditure Markets In Focus report provides in-depth analysis of the top 10 spending markets globally. Here, detailed commentary is provided for outbound spending in the US, China, Germany, the UK, France, Japan, Italy, Canada, Russia, and Spain.
The report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights for the top 10 outbound spending markets globally. Historic and forecast tourist volumes covering the top 10 global inbound tourism markets are combined with a detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns in these markets such as average spending per trip and total expenditure. Actionable insight on key trends and issues in these markets is then given.
- The rise in the number of exempt visa agreements between China and other countries such as Morocco, Indonesia, Serbia, and Tunisia drove Chinese outbound tourism spending. These efforts are taking support from these nations to reform the UN Security Council; however, tourism is not the primary goal of these agreements.
- French outbound tourists find Portugal more than just a 'sun and beach' destination and it is the main reason for the increase of outbound spending and trips to Portugal each year. According to Portugal's Secretary of State for Tourism, Ana Mendes Godinho, most of the French tourists visiting Portugal wish to purchase homes and enjoy the country's authenticity and modernity.
- The number of the outbound trips from Russia to Turkey has improved drastically and Turkey became the most popular destination among Russian tourists in 2017. Previously, the growth of Russian travelers to Turkey stagnated due to the ban on Russian tour operators selling Turkish holiday packages and services to travelers looking to visit Turkey.
Reasons to buy
- Gauge an idea about how the top 10 markets are expected to grow using historic and forecast market data
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key market trends, growth opportunities
- Direct promotional efforts on the most promising markets by identifying the key source countries.
Table of Contents
2. Top 10 Expenditure Markets in Focus
US: Outbound Tourism Spending Habits
China: Outbound Tourism Spending Habits
Germany: Outbound Tourism Spending Habits
UK: Outbound Tourism Spending Habits
France: Outbound Tourism Spending Habits
Japan: Outbound Tourism Spending Habits
Italy: Outbound Tourism Spending Habits
Canada: Outbound Tourism Spending Habits
Russia: Outbound Tourism Spending Habits
Spain: Outbound Tourism Spending Habits
Terminology and definitions
List of Figures
Figure 1: Top 10 highest inbound tourism expenditures in 2017 (USD billion)
Figure 2: US outbound tourists spending to Mexico (2013-2022) (USD million)
Figure 3: Change in percentage of Chinese outbound trips (2016 vs. 2017) (million)
Figure 4: Chinese outbound tourist spending to Macau (2013-2022) (USD million)
Figure 5: German outbound tourist spending (USD million) and trips (thousand) to Italy (2013-2022)
Figure 6: German average spending per trip in UK (2013-2022) (USD )
Figure 7: UK tourists outbound spending to abroad, CAGR (2017-2022)(USD billion)
Figure 8: Percentage share (%) of UK outbound tourists spending by sector, 2017
Figure 9: France tourists outbound spending to Spain, CAGR (2017-2022)(USD billion)
Figure 10: Japanese outbound tourist spending (USD million) and trips (thousand) to US (2013-2022)
Figure 11: Change in percentage of Italian outbound spending to Greece (2016 vs. 2017) (USD million)
Figure 12: Italian average spending per trip in US (2013-2022) (USD )
Figure 13: Canada tourists outbound trip to US, CAGR (2017-2022)(million)
Figure 14: Percentage share (%) of Canada tourists outbound trip by purpose, 2017
Figure 15: Change in percentage of Russian outbound trip to Turkey (2016 vs. 2017) (thousand)
Figure 16: Change in percentage of Spanish outbound spending to Portugal (2016 vs. 2017) (USD million)
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Outbound, Tourism Spending, Expenditure, Top 10, US, China, Germany, the UK, France, Japan, Italy, Canada, Russia, Spain
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"