Tourism Source Market Insights: Gulf Cooperation Council-Analysis of tourist profiles, traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, risks and opportunities in Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE
GlobalData's "Tourism Source Market Insights: Gulf Cooperation Council", provides a thorough insight into Bahrain's, Kuwait's, Oman's, the UAE's, Saudi Arabia's and Qatar's domestic and outbound tourism industry. The report shades light into the profiles of GCC tourists and summarizes the key reasons why they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the lucrative GCC outbound travel market.
The GCC is made up of some of the wealthiest nations in the Middle East. However, the decline in global oil prices in recent years has resulted in sluggish growth for the highly oil-dependent member states. Despite the slight decline in their economic performance, GCC travelers remain among the biggest spenders globally, presenting a lucrative cohort for businesses.
In particular, the GCC countries make up only 12.6% of the total population of the Middle East. Yet, they comprise 64.2% of the total international departures from the region. This highlights the importance and great potential of the countries of the Arabian Peninsula as a source market for the global tourism industry. The outbound tourism boom is driven both by the emergence of the middle class as well as by the growth in the traditional luxury GCC travel segment.
- Saudi Arabia is the largest outbound market in the GCC, while Qataris are the biggest spenders in the world.
- Domestic tourism in the GCC countries is expected to grow as countries diversify their product offering.
- Outbound tourism flows are set to rise, although intra-regional travel dominates international travel. Saudi Arabia is the most visited country in the GCC.
- Leisure is the key purpose for traveling abroad with activities such as shopping, visiting theme parks, and relaxing in seaside resorts being particularly popular.
- VFR travel is particularly common given the high number of expats residing in the Gulf states. Religious tourism is also a key facilitator of traveler flows in the region.
Reasons to buy
- This report provides clear insight into developments in the GCC's domestic and outbound tourist markets.
- The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
- Moreover, the report explores the different profiles of GCC tourists and the reasons why they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
- The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the country, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
Table of Contents
GCC Snapshot 2017
At a Glance: The Economy of the GCC
The GCC Tourist Market Snapshot in 2017
At a Glance: The GCC Tourist Market
2. Traveler profiles
Why do tourists from the GCC travel?
Insight into GCC Travelers
3. Domestic & Outbound Tourism
Saudi Arabia: domestic travel trends
Saudi Arabia: outbound travel trends
Saudi Arabia destination focus: Jordan
United Arab Emirates: domestic travel trends
United Arab Emirates: outbound travel trends
Destination Focus: Lebanon
Kuwait: domestic and outbound travel trends
Oman: domestic and outbound travel trends
Bahrain: domestic and outbound travel trends
Qatar: domestic and outbound travel trends
How to Attract GCC Tourists
Terminology and Definitions
About the Author
GlobalData At a Glance
Single User License:
Corporate User License:
Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
Middle East, Gulf Cooperation Council, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, tourism, luxury tourism, medical tourism, tourism spending, oil prices
select a license
NEWSLETTER BY CATEGORY
The report was very informative and gives me an interesting view on the Indian market.... "Area Sales Manager, Muhlen Sohn GmbH & Co. KG"
We would like to thank the entire team of Ken Research in showcasing professionalism in research and quick turnaround time. We have had multiple research reports from Ken Research. The deadline communicated for research was duly met. The research reports were covering many aspects in detail. This showcases their endeavor and care for client satisfaction and a strong understanding of the clients’ requirements. Thank you again for your help... "Group Vice President Strategy, Aliaxis"
I appreciate their diligence and determination in customizing the research project. The data proves to be valuable and accurate. I would, in future, definitely use their services again... "Technical Marketing Manager, Ascendis Health Limited"
I would like to thank Ken research team for meeting our report deliverables. The report is very good and we appreciate your well cooperation. ... "., Coldwell Banker - Riyadh "
The research you conducted was very helpful for us and the integrity of your research approach gave us great confidence in the data. Look forward to collaborating again in future... "International and Business Dev. Director, Duta Abadi Primantara"